While the Supra has been long anticipated for the past 20 or so years. Not everyone has been watching it with an eagle eye. So here are the top 5 things you may not have known about the new Supra!
1. It has an inline 6 engine (not V6) from BMW.
The Supra has always been known for having a great inline 6 engine. However since Toyota did not have one in its lineup, it sourced and retuned a BMW unit, which is the same one out its cousin car the BMW Z4.
2. The actual name for the new Supra is the “2020 Toyota GR Supra”.
The GR stands for GAZOO Racing, which is Toyota’s global motorsports program.
3. The new Supra has a 50:50 weight ratio.
Toyota spent a lot of time making sure the vehicle had the perfect balance, down to the smallest components.
4. The First 2020 Toyota Supra that came off the line went for a whopping $2.1 Million Dollars.
The proceeds for this vehicle were donated to the American Heart Association (AHA).
5. This vehicle is the 2nd fastest Toyota-branded production vehicle that has been produced.
The Supra definitely promises to be a blast to drive.
So what is your opinion on the Supra? Leave your comments below!
The Supra was out of production for many years (around 20), check out 3 other Toyota vehicles that are no longer in production.