SecureIt Answer Safes$1199 - $1899
Quality locking mechanism10.0/10
- Great steel thickness for price
- Cradle Grid Technology is awesome
- Great value
- Great warranty
- No fire rating, however this just caters to people without the need for that
In an answer to what SecureIt Tactical believes to be an untruthful industry regarding gun safes fire ratings, steel ratings, and more. SecureIt Tactical released the Answer Ultralight Gun Safe Model 12 and Model 8.
These safes are a lightweight, 12 gauge, non-fire-rated safes that give a straight to the point “answer” to the need for locking up firearms.
These safes are reminiscent of the agile series model 52 and the model 40. However they also carry over some of the great features that their also recently launched “True Safe” has.
To learn more about SecureIt, check out my overview of their company.
So what are my favorite features on these safes?
- The first large benefit that I see is how lightweight they are. The larger double door version is only 368 pounds, while the smaller single door is only 308 pounds. In comparison the similar Browning SP23 is at a whopping 495 pounds.
- My second feature I like is the double door option. Many safes are difficult to access because they have clunkly large doors. SecureIt follows in the footsteps of companies like Snapsafe and offers a double door that allows for quick access to your firearms.
- Thirdly this gun safe (cabinet) offers a door panel. While bordering on the line of being a high end gun cabinet and a standard safe a door panel is highly welcomed.
- To maintain their lightweight style, as well as quick access ability SecureIt designed these safes to be only 18″ deep. Firearms will never get lost in these safes and will be quick to access at a moments notice.
- Bonus point: SecureIt Tactical products can’t be mentioned without talking about the CradleGrid technology that allows for any form of firearms to be put in the safe as well as for many many accessories that SecureIt also sells.
A great way to learn more in depth, is to watch the below video from SecureIt.
Double Door Answer Ultralight Gun Safe Model 12
- Dimensions External: 36 in. by 18 in. by 59 7/8 in.
- Weight: 368 lbs
- Steel: 12 gauge
- Capacity: Up to 12 quick access firearms
Single Door Answer Ultralight Gun Safe Model 8
- Dimensions External: 24 in. by 18 in. by 59 7/8 in.
- Weight: 308 lbs
- Steel: 8 gauge
- Capacity: Up to12 quick access firearms
- Full customizable to fit whatever you need
- Completely welded, unlike the Agile 52
- Easily access firearms
- Door panel included
- Not great for keeping things other than firearms
- Can’t be broken down like the Agile 52 (yes, both an pro, and con)
- No fire rating
Model 8 and Model 12 Conclusion
It really is great to see SecureIt taking the experience that they have from the modular safe business and applying it to larger more secure safes as well. With a price point of under $1500 on the double door and under $1250 for the single door it competes heavily with many other well known brands like Liberty, Browning, and Kodiak (Rhino).
These safes do fit many of the points that I look for in safe, it misses the mark on some like the fire rating, however its not because its fire rating is not capable. These are built for a specific purpose and fire rating is not a part of that purpose. Check out my buying guide for more info and decide for your self!
This safe was also followed up by the SecureIt True Safe, an answer to the higher end safes out there.