With the rising cost of gasoline, many people are looking for ways to save money. One way they can do this is by purchasing a truck that gets better gas mileage. However, with the large variety of different pickups available, it can be hard to determine which one offers the best fuel economy.
This article will provide information on three 2500 series trucks with the best fuel economy to help you make the right choice.
- 1. 2021 Ram 2500
- 2. 2021 Ford F-250
- 3. 2021 Silverado 2500
- Why don’t larger pickups get good gas mileage?
- Do you need a 2500 series pickup, or should you save gas and get a smaller pickup?
- Tips when buying 2500 series pickups with the best gas mileage:
- What are different series of pickups used for?
- Advantages of 2500 series pickups with best gas mileage
- Disadvantages of 2500 series pickups with the best gas mileage:
1. 2021 Ram 2500
The top pick for a 2500 series truck with the best fuel economy is the gas V-8 engine in the Ram 2500.
This engine provides great power while saving you money at the pump. This vehicle has a mpg rating of 16 cities and 22 highways, making it one of the most efficient pickups on the market.
With the recent redesign of all of the Ram pickups, this truck offers not only one of the nicest interiors of all pickups, but also offers one of the coolest looking exteriors.
You can see why so many people think of the Ram series of trucks as one of the best on the market today.
2. 2021 Ford F-250
The Ford F-250 offers both gasoline and diesel engines. While the diesel engine has better fuel economy than the gasoline engine, it also costs more to purchase and maintain.
The best option for maximizing your fuel savings is the gas V-8 engine which provides great power while increasing mpg. This vehicle has an mpg rating of 15 cities and 19 highways.
3. 2021 Silverado 2500
This truck is powered by a 6.0-liter V-8 engine that offers great power while still increasing gas mileage. This vehicle has an mpg rating of 15 cities and 20 highways with rear-wheel drive, making it one of the most efficient pickups available.
Why don’t larger pickups get good gas mileage?
One of the reasons larger pickups do not get good gas mileage is because they are heavier and use more fuel. The truck’s engine has to work harder and use more gasoline to push against this added weight, resulting in lower gas mileage.
This can be seen by looking at the smaller trucks, such as the Honda Ridgeline, which has a 16 mpg rating. While this is a lower number, it is expected due to the truck’s smaller size and weight.
Do you need a 2500 series pickup, or should you save gas and get a smaller pickup?
Many people choose to save gas and purchase a smaller pickup. The main reason for this is because they do not need the larger capacity of the 2500 series trucks.
For example, if you never tow or haul large items, purchasing a 1500 series truck will save you money. However, if you often carry heavy loads or tow with your pickup, then a 2500 truck is the best choice. (1000 and 1500 series trucks do not offer good towing capacity)
- Top 4 Pickup Trucks that can get 30mpg on the highway
- 5 Modern Full-Size Trucks with the Best Gas Mileage
- Here are the most Reliable Pickup Truck Engines
Tips when buying 2500 series pickups with the best gas mileage:
- This list does not include diesel engines and is only in reference to gas mileage (mpg) for 2500 series trucks.
- There are other smaller pickups with better gas mileage, such as the Honda Ridgeline, which has a 16 mpg rating, but it does not offer the towing capacity of the larger trucks.
- If you only need to carry small loads, then a 1500 series or smaller may be best for you.
What are different series of pickups used for?
- 1500 series – smaller and lighter, with a lower towing capacity
- 2500 series – larger size and higher towing capacity, but not as good on gas mileage
- 3500 series – largest size available with the most power for serious towing. It may use more gas in this series but offers the best ability to tow and haul.
Advantages of 2500 series pickups with best gas mileage
- Offers better-towing capabilities over smaller trucks
- May offer more power than smaller 1500 series pickups
Disadvantages of 2500 series pickups with the best gas mileage:
- If you never carry heavy loads, then a 1500 or smaller may be all you need. Two thousand five hundred series are larger and use more gas.
- If you do need to carry heavy loads, then a 2500 series is the best choice. These trucks are larger and use more gas, but they offer the best power, towing capacity, and hauling ability.
When it comes to gas mileage, the best option is a 2500 series pickup. If you never carry heavy loads or tow with your truck, then you would be better served with a smaller 1500 series model.
However, if you need to travel with heavy loads or frequently tow large items, then 2500 is the best choice. Gas mileage ratings for each will vary, but 2500 is much more fuel-efficient than other models in its series.