We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Thanks for the support! 👍
I really like the Raptor, it has been one of my favorite pickups since it came out years ago at this point! With its off-road prowess, awesome styling, and just being one of the coolest trucks on the road leaves it as one of my favorites.
Outside of what I just mentioned, one defining characteristics is the three lights in the grill! So what are those three lights in the grill for?
If a vehicle is a specific size, it is then federal law that it must have certain extra lights. So if the Raptor is eighty inches wide, then it means by federal law, the truck must be equipped with additional lights to let people know that there is a wider truck coming towards them.
These are identification lamps that Ford sticks on the grill, and your lights on each corner are your clearance lamps—giving you a bigger view of noticing this monstrous-looking truck coming down the road.
These lights will also run as daytime running lights and will stay on as long as you have your light on auto. These lights can be anywhere on the truck, but Ford had chosen to put them in the grill to make the car look much better.
How Many Lights Are On A Ford Raptor?
Well, let me start by saying that those three orange lights in the grill save lives. Ford’s 2019 model introduced the Ford Ranger Raptor (outside of the USA anyways).
It was derived from the global Ranger T6. The Ranger T6 is a mid-size pickup truck. The Raptor gives you the chance to upgrade your chassis, which will improve your off-road capability.
The Raptor is also fitted with suspension. In line with the F-150 namesake and, the Raptor it also has a widened track and also a raised height in the ride. The Raptor even has a Biturbo Diesel Engine, but the question remains. How many lights are on a Raptor?
The Ford F-150 Raptor has around seventeen to twenty lights. But, out of those lights, those three lights in the grill are mandatory for the vehicle because it is a large vehicle.
Significant meaning over eighty inches wide. And, the reason why these three lights are in the grill. And nowhere else on the Raptor is because of the style.
It looks better in the grill than somewhere else, like, say, the top of the car.
- Ford Bronco vs Raptor: Which would I get?
- How Do I keep My Groceries From Rolling In My Truck Bed?
- Why are pickup trucks so expensive now?
Can you buy replacement lights for the Raptor grill?
Well, if you ever find yourself with one of your small orange lights out. Just remember these brands I found that will not only save you money but are reliable and made with a strong, durable, waterproof, and dustproof material. Also, they are easy to install.
- Boigoo Front Grille Lights: The ” boigoo” lights are for a 2004-2019 Ford F-150 Raptor and the 2013-2018 Dodge Ram 1500 Raptor Style. This brand front grid light is made of ABS type of durable, waterproof, dustproof material, and it is also great to use for those rainy days as it will increase the safety of your driving and improve the appearance of your vehicle. Furthermore, the “Boigoo” lights are energy conservation. These grill lights adapt to a new medium power of LED wick and consume around 0.17a, and that is of a current three lamps under a voltage of 12v. These lights will ensure you much brightness, with its low heat and long life, this brand is also great for the environment.
- BASIKER Auto Front Grill Lights: These lights are for 2004-2019 Ford F150 F250 F350. Decoration. These grill lights are compatible with the Ford F150, F250, and F350 Raptors. The Baker is made from a durable, waterproof, dustproof type of plastic that is very easy to install. In addition, these lights are universal 12v vehicle support. This brand of lights is rated a 4.1-star rating on Amazon.