Packing a tent can be tricky; it’s bulky and takes up a lot of space. In this blog post, we will give you tips and tricks on how to pack your tent in your backpack so that it is easy to transport and doesn’t take up too much room. We will also discuss some of the best tents for backpacking, so that you can choose the right one for your next trip!
Step-by-Step for fitting a tent in a backpack
If you’re planning on backpacking with your tent, you’ll want to make sure that it fits snugly in your backpack. Here are some tips on how to do this:
- Start by setting aside the poles and rain fly from the rest of the tent. This will make it easier to fit everything into your backpack.
- Roll up the tent body and stuff it into the bottom of your backpack.
- Next, add the rain fly on top of the tent body. Make sure that the rain fly is facing down so that it doesn’t get caught on anything while you’re hiking.
- Finally, add the poles on top of the rain fly. You can also connect the poles to the exterior of the backpack, so you save space inside the backpack.
Some people say that the tent being in the middle of the backpack is more comfortable, but this really depends on the backpack and of course the hiker (as well as all the other items in your backpack). You can play around with the order of things you’ve packed and see what fits most comfortably against your back.
Tips & Tricks for fitting a tent in a backpack
There are a few things you can do to make sure that your tent fits perfectly in your backpack.
- First, try to find a backpack that has an internal frame. This will help to distribute the weight of the tent evenly and make it easier to carry.
- Second, pack light! Don’t bring any unnecessary items with you on your trip.
- Finally, try to find a tent that is specifically designed for backpacking. These tents are usually lightweight and easy to pack.
The best tents for backpacking
When you’re choosing a tent for backpacking, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind.
First, consider the weight of the tent. You don’t want something that is too heavy to carry. A good weight range for backpacking tents is 2 to 4 pounds.
Second, think about the size. You’ll want a tent that is big enough to comfortably sleep in, but not so large that it’s difficult to pack. One-person or two-person tents tend to be the sweet spot for backpacking adventures.
Finally, consider the price. Backpacking tents can be expensive, but you don’t want to skimp on quality. Mid-range backpacking tents typically cost around $100, but you can certainly find tents for more or less than that.
With these factors in mind, we selected some of our favorites below.
What types of tents can fit in a backpack?
There are a variety of tents that are designed to fit in a backpack. Here are some of the best options:
- BISINNA 2 Person Camping Tent
- ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 2-Person Tent
- ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 1-Person Backpacking Tent
You should also check out our Best Tents at REI post, which includes some of our favorite backpacking tents at the popular retailer.
Best Backpacks to fit a tent
When you’re looking for a backpack to fit your tent, you’ll want to make sure that it has enough space. Here are some of our favorite backpacks that should get you well on your way.
- Osprey Atmos AG 65 Men’s Backpacking Backpack
- Loowoko 50L Hiking Backpack
- NEVO RHINO Nylon Internal Frame Hiking Backpack
Now that you know how to pack a tent in a backpack, you’re ready for your next backpacking trip! Be sure to choose a tent that is lightweight and easy to set up, so that you can enjoy your time in nature, and you’ll be a happy camper!