When it comes to large gun safes, there are many options available for you that will suit all of your needs. Whether you’re looking for a large safe with lots of storage space or one that has tons of room for man firearms, there are plenty of large gun safes on the market today. Today we’ll be talking about some large gun safes and what they have to offer!
|Browning Platinum 65T||72″ x 59″ x 27″||4 / 5|
|Rhino Ironworks AIW7256X||72″ x 56″ x 27″||4 / 5|
|Sun Welding Mustang M-6028T||72″ x 60″ x 28″||4 / 5|
|American Security BFII7250||71.25″ x 50″ x 28||5 / 5|
|Surelock Boss 76 Gun Safe||59″ x 55″ x 28″||3.5 / 5|
- 1. Browning Pro Steel Platinum 65T – 65 Gun Safe
- 2. Rhino Ironworks AIW7256X – 68 Gun Safe
- 3. Sun Welding Mustang Series M-6028T – 104 Gun Safe
- 4. American Security BFII7250 – 75 Gun Safe
- 5. Surelock Boss 76 Gun Safe
- 6. Homeland Security Large Gun Safe Level VII – 64 Guns
- 7. Vault Pro The Monster Gun Safe
- 8. Sportsman Steel Safes Double Door | Tactical American
- Why would you want a large gun safe?
- Are there alternatives to the largest gun safes?
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. Browning Pro Steel Platinum 65T – 65 Gun Safe
Browning is one of the most well-known hunting brands on the market today. Not only are they well known, but they also make one of the biggest and most popular high-end huge safes on the market as well.
This Platinum series 65T has a 65 gun capacity, and is wrapped in 7 gauge steel! You can of course paint that still in plenty of different two-tone colors and choose from multiple different pin-striping graphics.
The Browning Pro Steel Platinum 65T safe is the perfect place to store your firearms and valuables. It features a fire rating of 120 minutes at 1750 degrees and comes with a UL RSC tool-attack security rating.
The interior is lined with Grade VI cedar and simulated worn leather, giving your possessions a luxurious feel. The safe also comes with a five-spoke handle and a Uni-Force locking system.
- Dimensions: 72″ High by 59″ Wide by 27″ Deep
- Weight: 1920 pounds
- Locking Mechanism: Electronic, Mechanical or Biometric
- Firearm Capacity: 65 Gun Capacity
- Fire Rating: 120 Minutes at 1750 degrees
- Backed by Browning Pro Steel
- Great fire rating
- Very heavy
- Decent capacity for large safe
- Awesome modular interior
- Expensive for the size
- No very customizable on security features
2. Rhino Ironworks AIW7256X – 68 Gun Safe
This safe provides 130 minutes of protection at 1400°F with four layers of 5/8″ fireboard in the ceiling, three layers on the walls, floor, and door. The heat-activated door seal expands up to seven times its size which seals the door edge to help keep out heat and smoke.
The full coverage fire lining in the door frame is unlike internal hinge designs. With a heavy-duty 10 gauge formed steel body and a five-and-three-quarter inch thick formed door with full coverage one-quarter inch solid plate steel front, this safe is sure to keep your guns and belongings safe from theft or damage.
I am a huge fan of the safes that Rhino offers, and this giant high-end version of their Ironworks safe is just downright awesome. It mixes style with functionality in the fact that it has a great fire rating mixed with thick steel.
- Dimensions: 72″ High by 56″ Wide by 27″ Deep
- Weight: 1615 pounds
- Locking Mechanism: Mechanical, Electronic, or Biometric
- Firearm Capacity: 68 Gun Capacity
- Fire Rating: 130 Minutes, at 1400 degrees
- Very cool styling
- Great fire rating
- Good steel gauge
- Good value
- Not super wide
- Would like to see 7 gauge steel
3. Sun Welding Mustang Series M-6028T – 104 Gun Safe
The Sun Welding Mustang Series M-6028T is a heavy-duty safe that’s perfect for your home or office. This sturdy safe is made with a 1/4″ steel plate door and a 12 gauge steel body, ensuring that your belongings are protected from theft, impact, drilling, and other forms of attack.
The Group II combination lock or Electronic lock offers added security, while the two-way bolt works provide five active bolts for extra protection.
Plus, the Mustang Series M-6028T comes with a 1/4″ hard plate and an additional 1/2″ absorption plate to resist damage.
This manufacturer is not super well known in the industry yet, however, they make some great, USA-made gun safes that compare to considerably more expensive safes.
You can completely customize your safe with options like LED light kits, upgraded warranties, colors, hinge side, upgraded fire ratings, and even additional inner steel.
- Dimensions: 72″ High by 60″ Wide by 28″ Deep
- Weight: 1125+ pounds
- Locking Mechanism: Electronic or Mechanical
- Firearm Capacity: Not Mentioned
- Fire Rating: Custom – 30, 60, 90, 120 minute fire ratings
- Awesome value for price to security
- Fully customizable
- High quality build
- Not a well known brand
- Top 7 Best Gun Safes for Apartments: Finding the Perfect One
- Top 7 Best Gun Safes Under $1500
- Top 11 Best Gun Safes [All Categories]
4. American Security BFII7250 – 75 Gun Safe
Looking for the ultimate in security? Look no further than the American Security BFII7250! This UL-certified safe is made of 1/2” solid steel and comes with a lifetime warranty against theft and fire. You also have your choice of high gloss or textured paint, so it will look great in any home.
And don’t worry about intruders too much – this safe has a UL Level II RSC Burglary Classification, meaning it can withstand a 10-minute attack by a 2-man team. So rest easy knowing your prized possessions are safe and sound.
Not to mention, it also provides 120 minutes of fire protection, which is one of the best fire ratings out there.
This safe isn’t only strong, but it also comes with a great interior (including an LED light kit), a mirror in the back to help with access to the rear of the safe, and a door organizer.
- Dimensions: 71.25″ High by 50″ Wide by 28″ Deep
- Weight: 2438 pounds
- Locking Mechanism: Mechanical, Electronic, Redundant
- Firearm Capacity: 75 Gun Capacity
- Fire Rating: 120 minutes, at an unspecified amount of time
- Fire rating is achieved with cement blend
- Extremely high quality safe
- Backed by reputable company
- Very tall dimensions
- Crazy heavy for the size
5. Surelock Boss 76 Gun Safe
The Boss Series from SureLock Security Company is a great, budget, huge safe. It offers a fire rating of 75 minutes and waterproofing up to 2 feet for 72 hours. It also includes 12 active locking bolts, 1.25” bolt size, five-shelf adjustable interior, door panel organizer, three gun racks, and beveled edges.
The exterior is glossy green with a gray felt interior and black trim, and it comes with a chrome five-spoke handle and lock. Best of all, it’s backed by our lifetime guarantee.
This isn’t a company that I am overly familiar with, however, there aren’t many safes (especially this big) that offer both an awesome fire rating, and water resistance rating as well.
If you are looking for a giant safe, but don’t want to spend as much as some of the other safes on this list, you might want to take a look at this one. It doesn’t have the thickest steel with a 12 gauge top and bottom, and 14 gauge steel walls and door. Although it does make up for that in price.
- Dimensions: 59″ High by 55″ Wide by 28″ Deep
- Weight: 1020 pounds
- Locking Mechanism: Electronic Lock
- Firearm Capacity: 76 Gun Capacity
- Fire Rating: 75 Minutes at 1400 degrees
- Biggest safe for the smallest price
- Water resistance rating is uncommon to the industry
- Imported safe
- Lighter weight
6. Homeland Security Large Gun Safe Level VII – 64 Guns
This safe is truly incredible, not only is it huge, but it also offers one of the thickest steel options on this list, being 4 gauge steel. It backs that up with a 1200 degree fire rating for 2.5 hours.
Looking for a top-of-the-line large gun safe that will keep your firearms and other belongings secure? Look no further than the Homeland Security Large Gun Safe Level VII. This amazing safe features an innovative door security system that is resistant to prying, as well as a two-step system that makes it incredibly difficult to break into.
In addition, the safe has 18 ct 1-1/2″ locking bolts and is fitted with a mechanical Sargent and Greenleaf spy-proof lock with a key. The 5 prong handle offers plenty of grips and the 180° door swing allows you to access your guns or other valuables quickly and easily.
- Dimensions: 72″ High by 60″ Wide by 27″ Deep
- Weight: 1700 pounds
- Locking Mechanism: Mechanical Lock
- Firearm Capacity: 64 Gun Capacity
- Fire Rating: 2.5 hours at 1200 degrees
- Made by an up-and-coming company
- Impressive fire rating
- Heavy duty
- Only mechanical lock option
7. Vault Pro The Monster Gun Safe
When it comes to huge, custom gun safes, there isn’t anyone better to go with than Vault Pro. This company has made some of the craziest gun safes on the market today. One of their flagship standard gun safes is “The Monster Gun Safe”. At 72″ High and 72″ wide this thing truly is a beast of a gun safe, making it one of the largest on this list.
The 18 bolt locking system features top and bottom bolts for maximum security, while the step-system door ensures quick and easy access.
Dual Palusol Gaskets create a weatherproof seal, and the 60+ Rockwell hard plate provides heavy-duty protection against drill attacks.
The Titan Quadruple +1 re-locking system guarantees that your guns will be safe from thieves, no matter what.
Choose from a variety of colors and finishes to perfectly match your home, and customize this safe with tons of options like lighting, thicker steel (including AR-500 Ballistic Steel Liner), better fire ratings, and you can even create a double door version of the safe if you would like.
- Dimensions: 72” High by 72” Wide by 42” Deep
- Weight: 2200+ pounds
- Locking Mechanism: Mechanical or Electronic Lock
- Firearm Capacity: 100 Gun Capacity
- Fire Rating: 60+ Minute Fire Rating
- Made by one of the best of the best companies
- Extremely high quality custom safe
- Any options you can think of can be added
- Can get very expensive
8. Sportsman Steel Safes Double Door | Tactical American
Sportsman Steel is a growing brand here in the US, and they make some massive safes that almost are becoming a vault room in their own right. While this double door safe, in particular, is one of the custom safes, you could customize this safe to be even bigger if you wanted. This is only a starting point.
These massive double door safes are made with two layers of steel and concrete fireboard, making them four times more fire-resistant than other gun safes on the market.
And with 18 bolts, dual locks, and a 4000-pound weight capacity, this is one safe you can trust to keep your firearms secure.
- Dimensions: 90″ High by 65″ Wide by 35″ Deep
- Weight: 4000 pounds
- Locking Mechanism: Electronic or Mechanical
- Firearm Capacity: 100+ Gun Capacity
- Fire Rating: 2 Hour Fire Rating
- Massive safe
- Extremely heavy weight
- Biggest safe on this list
- Best of the best
- Insanely heavy – would need reinforced support under the safe
Why would you want a large gun safe?
Size of the gun safe
If you are on the hunt for the biggest gun safes out there, this is probably the main thing you are looking at. This may not just be because you are searching for storage of a ton of firearms, but generally, people only want to store a few firearms, but have safe (fire resistant) storage for other items like hard drives, old papers, money, valuables, and more.
Making sure you have a safe that can handle what you want to fit in there now, but also what you will want in there in the future is extremely important.
Weight of the gun safe
Another “big” reason people want a huge safe is for the weight! These safes can weigh upwards of 4000 pounds, meaning that thieves will not be able to just carry the gun safe away with them. Remember, when you buy a gun safe, you aren’t buying something impenetrable, you are buying yourself time. Anything you can do to buy yourself time for police to arrive is so important, and the weight of the safe is a big part of that.
Quality of the safe
These huge safes are inherently high quality. Most people that are looking for this size of the safe are looking not only for size but also quality. That means any safe that is built for this size is also built to be high quality, and custom to each customer.
Are there alternatives to the largest gun safes?
The main alternative to these massive gun safes you find on this list is going to be vault rooms! Instead of buying a completed gun safe, you will buy a vault door and insert that into a reinforced room. These are commonly built during the construction of a home, however, they can also be put into an existing space.
The nice thing about vault rooms is the fact that they can be any size you want, and you are not constrained by what can be built and shipped at a gun safe manufacturer
Frequently Asked Questions
The size of the gun safe is up to each person. However, I would always recommend paying attention to dimensions, rather than the advertised capacity. Then buy 25% bigger than you think you need.
The biggest gun safes on the market range from $3000 up to $15,000 or even more! With such a wide range of steel options, paint options, and more, you can spend whatever you want on a safe to fit your needs.
Gun safes are only bad for guns if you allow air to be stagnant. Make sure to buy a dehumidifier to keep the water in the air from settling on the firearms and causing them to rust and pit.
Gun safes are large, heavy pieces of equipment designed to store firearms and other valuables. These large gun safes come in many different forms with each manufacturer wanting their safe to be the largest on the market today.
There is no clear winner when it comes down to which gun safe has set out to achieve this goal, but each large gun safe has its specifications and benefits which make it stand out in comparison to the rest.